Undergraduate Student Services and Academic Advising
Our goal is that you will not only establish a meaningful, supportive relationship with your adviser, but that you will also learn skills and knowledge that will assist you in meeting your personal, professional, and academic goals.
- Students will meet with their adviser at least once a semester and access them as needed.
- Students will identify their degree requirements as represented on their degree audit and apply it to the development and implementation of their long-term educational plan.
- Students will graduate in a timely manner by using their educational plan and selecting appropriate courses each semester.
- Students will utilize appropriate campus resources to assist them in achieving their academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Students will articulate how courses they select fit into a well-rounded education.
Students in the Psychology major or exploring the psychology major can schedule appointments that range from 15 to 30 minutes depending on the nature of their questions and advisers are each offering a blend of in person and virtual options. These can be scheduled by visiting the following website which links to your Starfish account.
Students who arrive later than halfway through their appointment slot, will be asked to reschedule.
Those pursuing or exploring the psychology minor may not schedule appointments and are encouraged to work with an adviser via email or visit advising during our drop in hours Wednesdays from 1:30pm to 3:30pm in 125 Moore ONLY. To attend, you will come to 125 Moore and sign in by scanning the QR code located on the door to 125 Moore. After doing so you will be placed in our Starfish drop in queue, please have a seat in the lobby and wait for an adviser to call your name. Thursdays from 1:30pm to 3:30pm in person at 125 Moore or to attend remotely visit this link https://tinyurl.com/psychkiosk to check in, and then you will receive an email from an advisor with their zoom link.
If you have brief questions or concerns that can be addressed within 10 minutes or are a psychology minor we suggest you attend drop in advising.
Thirty minute Appointments are meant for issues that you know will take longer than 10 or 15 minutes. Examples of topics that could be covered in an appointment include:
- Change of major or concurrent major paperwork
- Long-range planning
- Transferring credits from other institutions
- Study abroad planning
- Major/career/postgraduate exploration
- Reviewing Act 48 forms
You should schedule your appointment with your assigned adviser. Students can check who their assigned adviser is by logging onto Starfish.
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you may cancel your appointment through the scheduling system up to 36 hours in advance. If you are unable to cancel the appointment yourself, please contact the adviser via e-mail as soon as you realize you are unable to meet at your designated time.